This is the time of year when your hair feels the most dull and dry. The environment can be disastrous to your hair. Here are 10 simple ways to repair your damaged hair.
- The right way to apply your conditioner. Although we condition our hair after shampooing, we tend to focus more on the damaged ends. We want to use conditioner to prevent damage from progressing. Start at the tip then massage gradually working your way upwards.
- Use protective products. If you blow-drying or straighten your hair everyday, make sure you are using products that are protecting your hair from the heat. This should be done all year round and even before blow-drying your hair
- Be careful with oils. Oils have been used for centuries as an addition to hair care. Today there are tons of products out there that offer specialty oils. If you are using an oil for dry or damaged hair, be careful not to over do it. “I have been guilty of this myself a time or two”. Your hair and scalp naturally produce oil. Oils can make your hair feel heavy and greasy so start with a few drops on your ends or damaged areas. Oils also tend to attract dirt, dust and pollutants from the environment.
- Change your products. You should change your hair care products based on your hair’s current state. When your current product is no longer working that means that your hair has change so you should choose your hair products accordingly.
- Be gentle. Be very gentle with your hair. Your hair is the most fragile when it’s wet. Use a wide-tooth comb when combing or brushing. And if you are drying your hair with a towel, don’t be too aggressive.
Theses are just a few of many hair care tips to help repair damaged hair. If you have some tips that you would like to share with us please leave them below.
Thanks for the read!